The JRCNMT is extending current pandemic modifications through May 31, 2021. This includes:
- Approval of continued remote learning without submission of a substantive change request application.
- Two-week review period for approval of new affiliate applications.
- Review of and action on affiliate applications prior to receipt of the application fee.
- Videoconference or telephone visits to clinical affiliates. Records or minutes of the meetings must be maintained.
- Temporary affiliate capacity increases when access to other affiliates is limited. Programs must use the request process outlined in the PDF document on the COVID-19 Resource page (see FAQ document).
Draft Standards Containing Diagnostic CT Content
The JRCNMT is currently seeking input on a draft of the nuclear medicine technology accreditation standards that also contain diagnostic CT content. The deadline for input is January 21, 2021.
Townhall Webinar Series
In 2021 the JRCNMT will begin providing a series of townhall webinars. The goal is to schedule approximately four per year. Some of these townhall events will be presentations, like the first one scheduled for January 21st, while others may be panel discussions or Q&A sessions. If you have topic ideas to suggest, please email them to the JRCNMT.
On December 8 all PDs were sent an email about the first townhall scheduled in January. Please contact the JRCNMT office if you did not receive the email. You must register in advance to obtain the Zoom link for the session. All townhalls will be recorded and the recordings will be available on the JRCNMT website.
JRCNMT Presentation to Advisory Committees
Jan Winn, Executive Director of the JRCNMT, is available to give a 15-20 minute presentation followed by Q&A to program Advisory Committees via videoconference. The presentation addresses the purpose of accreditation; the requirement for and functions of an Advisory Committee; and the critical role of quality clinical education in NMT programs. Please contact the JRCNMT office if you are interested in scheduling Jan to speak at your program’s next Advisory Committee meeting. Jan’s availability can’t be guaranteed but effort will be made to accommodate a program’s schedule.